By buying previously owned clothes (instead of new), you are having a direct impact on the health of the planet which is great news. Take a look at these articles for more details:
Gaia Movement Trust
About.com Vintage Clothing
Post-Standard Syacuse Blog
And by buying from Nine Little Months you are further helping the planet because I do whatever I can to be as eco-friendly as possible.
What do I do you may ask?
- I reuse packaging wherever possible. So you may receive your order in a previously used box with previously used packing materials.
- I ask my friends and family to bring me the used wrapping paper from birthday presents and holiday presents and I use that as packing material for orders when it's needed.
- I use an eco-friendly printing company in San Franscisco called GreenerPrinter (url: www.greenerprinter.com) wherever possible.
- I use printer paper that is 100% recycled with as much post consumer content as possible.
- I recycle all possible recyclables from my office.
- I donate any items that I can, to local charities for reuse.
If you have any other suggestions of ways for us to be green, we'd love to hear and if we can implement it - we will!